The below are items we cannot ship out of Japan. This list is not all-inclusive so if in doubt please email us at [email protected] before forwarding an item to us.
We also recommend viewing the official prohibited item list by Japan Post for the most up to date information.
These are some common items we cannot ship:
- Alcohol content above 24% (except for USA/Canada where ALL alcohol is banned)
- Engines, tanks, exhaust or any other mechanical parts that could come into contact with oil/petrol
- Shock absorbers containing gas
- Zippo lighters
- Nail polish
- Stand-alone batteries or mobile battery chargers (Batteries within items are generally accepted but may require further paperwork. Please contact us when shipping such items.)
- Items restricted by trade laws such as Ivory or Python Skin (goods made from endangered animals)
- Airsoft guns
- Replica Weapons
- Credit Cards, bank statements, etc
- Laundry Detergent and other cleaning liquids
- Airpods/Earpods in charging cases (these are treated as stand-alone batteries)
- Any tobacco-related items (both normal and e-cigarette related)
This list is not all-inclusive so if in doubt please email us at [email protected] before forwarding an item to us.
Explosives and hazardous materials
The below are some more general guidelines for items that will be refused for shipment. If in doubt, please email us at [email protected] before purchasing the item.
Fireworks, firecrackers, ammunitions
Lighter fuel, paint, oil (and any items that may have contained these such as oil tanks for cars)
Fire extinguishers, aqualungs, dust removers (spray type), portable condensed oxygen, helium gas, gas stove burners for camping, gas for portable stoves, gas for lighters
Bleach, peroxidative agents, oxygen generators for personal use
Chloroform, insecticide transpirators (heat type)
Plutonium, radium, uranium, caesium
Narcotics and psychotropic substances or tobacco.
Live animals and plants
Plants including Fresh Fruit and Vegetables
Any item including soil/dirt
Country Specific Restrictions
It is your responsibility to ensure that the item you purchase can be imported to your country. If in doubt please contact your local customs service. We have included a few specific examples for restricted items based on country.
United States of America
Meat products including powdered and dried content are not permitted.
Australia and New Zealand
Natural products, seeds, wood or any items that would pose a biohazard are not permitted.