The below are items we cannot ship out of Japan. This list is not all-inclusive so if in doubt please email us at [email protected] before forwarding an item to us.
In many countries, only FedEx, DHL, and Seamail are available due to COVID-19. Many common items are unavailable via FedEx and DHL including:
- Beauty Products and Cosmetics
- Car/Bike Engine Parts
- Liquid items (beverages OK for DHL)
Please see our article regarding additional restrictions for DHL and FedEx .
Before shipping an item to Blackship, please check which shipping services are available through our Shipping Status page.
We also recommend viewing the official prohibited item list by Japan Post for the most up to date information.
These are some common items we cannot ship that have arrived with us in the past:
- Alcohol content above 24% (except for USA/Canada where ALL alcohol is banned)
- Engines, tanks, exhaust or any other mechanical parts that could come into contact with oil/petrol
- Shock absorbers containing gas
- Zippo lighters
- Nail polish
- Stand-alone batteries or mobile battery chargers
- Items restricted by trade laws such as Ivory or Python Skin (goods made from endangered animals)
- Airsoft guns
- Replica Weapons
- Hair Color Products
- Credit Cards, bank statements, etc
- Laundry Detergent and other cleaning liquids
- Airpods/Earpods in charging cases (these are treated as stand-alone batteries)
- Any tobacco-related items (both normal and e-cigarette related)
- Money of any type including collectible coins and gift cards.
- Raw food such as fruits, vegetables, meat etc
Explosives and hazardous materials
Below are some more general guidelines for items that will be refused for shipment. If in doubt, please email us at [email protected] before purchasing the item.
Including but not limited to: Fireworks, firecrackers, ammunition
Including but not limited to: Lighter fuel, paint, resin, oil (and any items that may have contained these such as oil tanks for cars), grease, lubricants
Including but not limited to: Fire extinguishers, aqualungs, dust removers (spray type), portable condensed oxygen, helium gas, gas stove burners for camping, gas for portable stoves, gas for lighters
Including but not limited to: Matches, lighters
Including but not limited to: Bleach, peroxidative agents, oxygen generators for personal use
Including but not limited to: Chloroform, insecticide transpirators (heat type)
Including but not limited to: Mercury, batteries
Including but not limited to: Plutonium, radium, uranium, caesium
Including but not limited to: Narcotics and psychotropic substances or tobacco.
Live animals and plants
Plants including Fresh Fruit and Vegetables
Any item including soil/dirt
It is your responsibility to ensure that the item you purchase can be imported to your country. If in doubt please contact your local customs service. We have included a few specific examples for restricted items based on the country.
United States of America
- Meat products including powdered and dried content are not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Alcoholic beverages
Australia and New Zealand
- Natural products, seeds, wood or any items that would pose a biohazard are not permitted
- Fruit and vegetable products